who we are
Founded in 2005, Neurotech Network of The Society to Increase Mobility, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focusing to improve the education of and the advocacy to access neurotechnology devices, therapies and treatments for persons with impairments.
Hundreds of thousands of people with neurological or psychiatric disorders have already been helped; such as cochlear implants to restore hearing to the deaf, neural prosthetics providing movement to the paralyzed, and spine stimulators give relief to those with chronic pain.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide a forum for users to share experiences and for potential users to ask questions.
- Provide a channel through which the layman may learn about neurotechnology.
- Promote awareness of neurotechnology products and systems for the treatment of neurological and psychiatric disorders and diseases.
- Provide reliable and independent information regarding both currently available and emerging neurotechnology.
- Explain to both current and potential users the applications and benefits of neurotechnology.
- Advocate for access through governmental institutions, insurance companies and legislative bodies.
- Create a better understanding of users needs to the scientific, development and industry.
We participate on GuideStar, the non-profit
standard for accountability.
Take a look at our listing.